PILOT (Captain, First Officer and Second Officer)
Position Code: PILOT
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Height - at least 5 ft. 4 in.
1. For pilots with less than 1,200 hrs total time, must not be more than 40 years old by the start of training.
2. For pilots with more than1,200 hrs total time, must not be more than 57 years old by the start of training.
Eyes - must have 20/20 vision. Corrective lenses allowed.
1. For a pilot w/ less than 4,000 hrs total time - must be a graduate of at least a four year degree course with no more than 5 failing grades for the whole course
2. For a pilot w/ more than 4,000 hrs total time and a holder of an ATPL - must be a graduate of at least a four year degree course. The pilot’s flying proficiency shall prevail over his academic performance.
Language Proficiency - must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking in English and have obtained at least a Level 4 in the English Proficiency Rating of the CAAP
Licenses / Flying Time
1. For an A320 Captain: ATPL holder and have logged at least 2,000 hrs command time or 4,000 hrs total time.
2. For an A320 First Officer: CPL holder with Instrument Rating and have logged at least 1,200 hrs total time.
3. For Second Officer: CPL holder with Instrument Rating and have logged at least 500 hrs total time.
4. Must possess a Radiotelephone Operator Certificate.
For purposes of hiring, only 50% of the following flying time shall be credited towards total time:
1. Flying time on rotary wing and/or fixed wing with less than 2,200 kilos max gross weight or with less than 500 HP
2. Flying time as Systems Engineer
3. Flying time as Second Officer
Psychological Test - must pass the Psychological test
Medical Fitness - must pass the medical fitness requirement for pilots of Philippine Airlines
Must be a Filipino citizen
Requirements for Qualified Applicants need to submit:
Resume with photo and breakdown of flying time by type of aircraft
Licenses (with instrument rating and radio)
English Proficiency Rating (EPR) Certificate from CAAP
Certificate of flying time (CAAP or Military Agency) & Form 5 for PAF