The following articles are not allowed to be carried in the cabin. These items must be put in the checked-in baggage :
- Nail cutters, swiss knives, scissors, any bladed items or sharp objects
- Umbrellas of any type
- Bicycle chains and jacks or other similar items
- Lighters, which contain “butane” as well as matches, are prohibited in both handcarried and checked baggage
- Zippo lighters can be checked in or handcarried as long as it is completely drained of its fluid
- Liquids, aerosols, and gels (LAGs) in 100ml or less are the only ones allowed in handcarried baggage. LAGs must be placed in containers less than 100ml and must be secured in airtight plastic bags as changes in cabin pressure may cause even well sealed items to leak
- All kinds of adhesive tape (masking/packing/scotch/duct/electrical/rubber)
For safety reasons, dangerous goods (articles or substances which are capable of posing a risk to health, safety, property or the environment) must not be carried in passengers’ handcarried or checked baggage.
US Transportation Security Administration Prohibited Items
The US Transportation Security Administration lists the prohibited items in carry-on and checked baggage to ensure travellers' security.
The list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be amended from time to time without prior notice. Click here for details.
Hong Kong Advisory Warning
Items below are prohibited under the laws of Hong Kong and any person found in possession is liable to prosecution:
- Firearms and Ammunition
- Other Arms (Cross Bow, Electric Stunning Device, Harpoon, Spear Gun, Tear Gas)
- Prohibited Weapons (Extendible Baton, Fighting Iron, Flick Knife, Gravity Knife, Knuckle Duster, Spear Gun, Spring Loaded Baton)
- Dangerous Goods ( Caps for Toy Gun, Firecrackers, Fireworks, Flare, Popper, Sand Crackers, Sparklers)
For more information and details, please check Hong Kong Police Force website.
All sports equipment are not allowed to be handcarried and must be checked in