Beyoncé in the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour
Enjoy a unique experience and see Beyoncé live in Sydney, Australia
Use your MasterCard to book a flight to Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin or Brisbane, Australia on Philippine Airlines and get a chance to be one of 3 lucky Mabuhay Miles members to win exclusive VIP tickets to The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour
Promotion Terms & Conditions:
1. The Promotion shall apply from August 16, 2013 to September 15, 2013 (both dates inclusive).
2. The Promotion is open to all cardholders of MasterCard branded credit, debit and prepaid cards issued in the Philippines by MasterCard issuing banks in the Philippines (“Philippine Issued MasterCard Cards”) who are members of the Philippine Airlines (PAL) Mabuhay Miles frequent flyer and loyalty program (“MasterCard Cardholders”). If not yet a PAL Mabuhay Miles member, MasterCard cardholder may enroll in the viawww.mabuhaymiles.com.
3. PAL shall offer economy and business class roundtrip airfares for all Manila to Australia routes (that is, from Manila to Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin and Brisbane) throughout the Promotion Period.
4. To participate in the Promotion, MasterCard Cardholders must use their Philippine Issued MasterCard Cards to purchase a PAL roundtrip economy class or business class airline ticket for Manila to Australia routes (that is, from Manila to Sydney, Melbourne, Darwin or Brisbane), with a travel period inclusive of October 30, 2013 through to November 2, 2013, from PAL ticketing offices or PAL’s ticketing webpage (www.philippineairlines.com) within the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Purchase”).
5. To qualify, MasterCard Cardholders must book and buy any of the following on Philippine Airlines:
Manila – Sydney – Manila
Manila – Melbourne – Manila
Manila – Darwin – Manila
Manila – Brisbane – Manila
Selling/Ticketing Period: 16 August – 15 September 2013
*Winners must be in Australia during concert and exclusive event dates: 30 October - 02 November 2013
** Routing of the airline ticket must be Manila - Australia - Manila.
6. Philippine Airlines - Mabuhay Miles Travel Award tickets, non- revenue tickets and other industry discounted tickets are not qualified for participation in the Promotion.
7. Valid Qualifying Purchases under the Promotion will earn the following corresponding raffle entries:
• Economy class roundtrip tickets – one (1) raffle entry
• Business class roundtrip tickets – two (2) raffle entries
8. There will be one (1) raffle draw with three (3) winners. The raffle draw will be held on September 30, 2013, at the Philippine Airlines Head Office, in the presence of a Philippine Department of Trade & Industry (DTI) representative.
9. The three (3) winners shall each win the following MasterCard Priceless VIP Concert Package:
(a) Four (4) days/Three (3) nights hotel accommodation for two (2) guests, inclusive of airport transfers in Sydney, Australia;
(b) Exclusive concert tickets for two (2) guests at the VIP seating inside the MasterCard Bey-Stage to watch the Beyoncé World Tour - The Mrs. Carter Show in Sydney, Australia;
(c) Private access for two (2) guests to the Priceless VIP Lounge before the concert, including light food and beverages;
(d) One-day city tour of Sydney, Australia for two (2) guests; and
(e) A personalized autograph from Beyoncé.
10. The MasterCard Priceless VIP Concert Packages are transferable but not convertible to cash or any other item.
11. MasterCard and PAL reserve the right to validate Qualifying Purchases and winning entries prior to announcement of winners and awarding of the MasterCard Priceless VIP Concert Packages. MasterCard reserves the right, in concurrence with DTI, to reject a participant in the Promotion if he/she is unable to satisfy the conditions set out in these terms and conditions.
12. Winning entries drawn during the raffle draw must be a PAL Mabuhay Miles frequent flyer and loyalty program member with a valid MasterCard account in good standing at the time of the raffle draw and prize redemption. MasterCard accounts shall be validated by the relevant MasterCard issuing banks.
13. There will be a 15 day period for each winner to claim his/her Prize. The 15 day period for claiming of the Prizes shall commence from the date of the winner’s receipt of the official notification letter. If for any reason, the winner does not claim the Prize within such 15 day period, the Prize will be forfeited with the prior approval of DTI.
14. The MasterCard Priceless VIP Concert Packages do not include meals and transportation (other than those expressly provided for in the MasterCard Priceless VIP Travel Packages), spending money, excess baggage allowances and all other ancillary costs and expenses, all of which shall be borne by the winners and their companions. Prize does not include airfare or travel arrangements to and from Sydney, Australia.
15. Winners and their companions shall be responsible for securing travel documents (passport, visas, travel insurance, etc.) required by government authorities. Winners and their companions shall bear the applicable government taxes, fees and charges and all other costs and expenses in redeeming and using the MasterCard Priceless VIP Concert Packages.
16. By entering into the Promotion, each MasterCard Cardholder fully and unconditionally agrees to these terms and conditions and accepts that the decision of MasterCard Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd with the concurrence of the Philippines Department of Trade and Industry (“DTI”) regarding the Promotion and all matters related to or connected with it, including, without limitation, the interpretation of these terms and conditions, is final and binding and no queries shall be entertained.
Other Terms & Conditions:
17. MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd., MasterCard Philippines, Philippine Airlines, their respective affiliates and associated companies/entities and agencies (collectively the “MasterCard Group”) do not assume any responsibility for any Prizes or any products and services offered under the Promotion. The Prizes, products and services have not been certified by the MasterCard Group and under no circumstances shall the inclusion of any Prize, product or service in the Promotion be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of such Prize, product or service by the MasterCard Group. No representation or warranty of any kind is given by the MasterCard Group as to the Prizes and any component thereof and all liability of any kind whatsoever is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law. In the event legislation mandates conditions or warranties which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent, then to the extent permitted by law, the MasterCard Group’s liability is limited to, at its option: (i) the replacement of the Prize or the supply of an equivalent prize; or (ii) the payment, if it does not contravene any law, of the cost of the replacement or supply. Each participant in the Promotion agrees that the MasterCard Group has made no warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any Prize. The providers/suppliers of the Prizes and any other products and services offered under the Promotion are not agents, contractors, employees, servants, consultants or affiliates of the MasterCard Group. No representation or warranty of any kind is given by the MasterCard Group as to the quality, description or characteristic of any Prize or any component or item thereof. All risks associated with the use of the Prizes and the travel to the selected destination shall be assumed by the winners thereof.
18. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each participant in the Promotion shall not have any claim whatsoever against the MasterCard Group and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents in respect of any action, proceeding, judgment, damage or loss (including, without limitation, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, direct or indirect damages, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of business opportunity or economic loss), expense, injury (including, without limitation, death or personal injury) or liability suffered or incurred by the participant or any other person arising from or in connection with (i) such participant’s participation in the Promotion and (ii) in the case of a participant who is drawn as a winner, the receipt, redemption, use or misuse of any Prize by such participant or any other person and the travel to the selected destination by such participant or any other person.
19. Each participant in the Promotion shall release and hold harmless the MasterCard Group and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense or liability suffered or incurred by the participant in connection with (i) participation in the Promotion and (ii) in the case of a participant who is drawn as a winner, the receipt, redemption, use or misuse of any Prize by such participant or any other person and the travel to the selected destination by such participant or any other person, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail or submissions; (e) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Promotion or receipt, redemption, use or misuse of any Prize or the travel to the selected destination.
20. The MasterCard Group and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents shall not, to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, be liable in any way whatsoever in respect of the following:
a. any entry that is lost, misdirected, intercepted or otherwise not received for any reason whatsoever;
b. any Prize that is damaged, defaced, illegible, lost, stolen, misdirected or otherwise not received;
c. inaccurate information provided by the MasterCard Cardholder, howsoever caused;
d. any amount charged to a MasterCard Cardholder’s MasterCard card account in the course of entering into and participating in the Promotion; and
e. virus or other corruption, technical or mechanical error or failure, human error, negligence or unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the operation or administration of the Promotion.
21. A list of winners will be published, within two (2) weeks after the determination of the winners, on the Philippine Airlines/Mabuhay Miles Facebook page and its official webpage. Winners will also be notified by phone and an official notification letter sent by registered mail to each winner’s address, based on the MasterCard Cardholder’s information in the records of the respective Designated Banks. Winners must sign the Release, Waiver and Quit Claim Form and present the original official notification letter, their winning eligible MasterCard Consumer Card, the original statement of account (SOA) or the original charge slip (indicating the winning Qualifying Purchase), their tax identity number (TIN), community tax certificate (CTC) and a valid photo-ID.
22. All entries remain the sole property of MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. All information of the participant in the Promotion is held within MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd.’s secured database of entries. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes each participant’s consent to MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd.’s use of their name, personal description, likeness and opinions for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media.
23. The winners may be required to participate in publicity programs which MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. may from time to time organize in connection with the Promotion and if so, such winners must attend such functions. Expenses and/or costs incurred by a winner in attending such functions shall be borne by the winner.
24. MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd., MasterCardPhilippines, Philippine Airlines and the MasterCard issuing banks shall not be liable for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received for any reason. If for any reason, the winner does not claim the Prize within the 15 day period stipulated in provision 14 above, the Prize will be forfeited with the prior approval of DTI.
25. MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd.’s decision, in concurrence with the DTI’s rules and regulations, regarding the Promotion will be deemed final and non- negotiable.
26. The 20% prize tax will be paid by MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. where applicable.
27. Winners may claim their Prizes at: MasterCard International Philippines, Inc., 27F, Tower One & Exchange Plaza, Ayala Triangle, Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Philippines.
28. In the event MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. and Philippine Airlines is prevented from continuing with the Promotion or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Promotion is undermined by any event beyond the control of MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. Or Philippine Airlines, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other cause not reasonably within the control of MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. and Philippines Airlines, MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. shall have the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion without any further obligation.
29. Philippine Airlines – Mabuhay Miles is not responsible or liable in any way for any warranty provided with the prizes/concert tickets/tour/hotel stay. Winners are advised to contact MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. should there be any query or dispute concerning the prizes/concert tickets/tour/hotel stay. Purchased Philippine Airlines ticket rules, terms and conditions apply.
30. Philippine Airlines and MasterCard – the directors, officers, employees or representatives, agents, insurers, reinsurers, underwriters and other parties in interest shall not be responsible nor be held liable for any and all claims, demands, suits, actions, or proceedings whatsoever for any and all damage, loss, injury, death, accident or liability, actual or contingent, caused to the winner or his/her property arising out of, or attributable to, circumstances while in transit or to the action, inaction of whatever kind or nature, and other engaged in carrying out the travel.