|Browser (Version)||Windows (PC)||Mac||Notes|
|Internet Explorer (v8)||Win XP SP2/Vista||N/A||Certified|
|Chrome (v6)||Win XP SP2/Vista||N/A||Supported|
|Firefox (v3.6)||Win XP SP2/Vista||N/A||Supported|
|Safari (v4 & v5)||N/A||Mac OS X
Important: Cardholders who are enrolled in Verified by Visa or Mastercard Securecode will be redirected to the card issuer authentication system, which may not support these browsers. Please check with your card issuer browser versions they support.
I sometimes encounter problems when I book flights online. Does this have anything to do with my internet browser?
Our Online Booking facility will function best using the supported browsers listed above.
I see a blank space at the center of the homepage. What is this?
The blank space that you see in the homepage is where the silverscreen is displayed. You may not have the necessary Flash program installed in your PC to display the silverscreen. To download and install the latest version of Macromedia Flash, click the link below.
Download Macromedia Flash Player
I am trying to download a file from your website. Nothing seems to happen. Why can't I download the file?
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to properly download files from this website. To install and download, click link below.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
I keep clicking a link in your website. Nothing happens. What do I do?
Either of three things :
1. You may have previously opened that window. Check the task bar at the bottom of your screen. If it is indeed open, click on it and window will open. Or,
2. Our site provides links to other sites that will open in a separate pop-up window. If you have disabled pop-up windows, you will not be able to display the pop-ups of these links. Make sure that your internet settings allow display of these pop-ups. Or,
3. Add www.philippineairlines.com to the list of exceptions. IE 6 (Release 2), IE 7 and Mozilla FireFox 188.8.131.52 all have built-in pop-up blockers but there are other pop-up blockers available on the net like Google Toolbar or Yahoo Toolbar. If you have either the Google Toolbar or Yahoo Toolbar installed with their browser, please allow pop-ups in these programs in addition to allowing the pop-ups in their browser.
The texts of the webpages in your site are too small. Can I change the setting?
For best screen display, our site has been designed with the 1028x768 pixels setting. To check or change your display settings, simply follow these simple steps :
1. On your desktop, click the "My Computer" icon.
2. Click "Control Panel" icon.
3. The "Display Properties" window will be displayed. Click "Settings" tab.
4. Locate the "Screen Area" option. To change the setting, simply scroll the screen area button left or right to adjust the screen area size.
5. Click "OK" button.
The years showing in the dropdown menu in the online booking facility are only 2004 and 2005. Naturally it wont allow us to book because its a past date already. How can I book and buy online?
We suggest that you update the date/time settings on your PC. To update your date/time settings, you may refer to the given instructions provided below:
From the start menu, select Settings then CONTROL PANEL
From the control Panel window (category view), select Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options
Click the Date and Time icon. Update
Click the Internet time tab. Update
What is "cache" and how do I manage this?
The cache is a storage space in your PC where temporary internet files are written and stored everytime you browse the internet. It is strongly recommended that you empty your cache and delete these files regularly. To empty the cache, do the following :
In the menu bar of your IE, click "Tools".
1. Click "Internet Options".
2. Locate "Temporary Internet Files" and click "Delete Files".
3. A small pop-up will appear, check "Delete all offline content".
4. Click "OK".
5. You may need to delete cookies also. Click "Delete Cookies".
6. Click "OK".
7. Close Internet Options window.
8. Refresh the page.