- The 20% discount is applicable to Economy Value, Economy Flex, Premium Economy, Business Value and Business Flex Fares only, and NOT applicable to International and Promotional fares.
- The VAT exemption is applicable to Domestic Fares only.
- Re-issuance of Ticket
For re-issuance of ticket with normal fare to a higher booking class or re-issuance of ticket with promotional fare to a normal fare, the senior citizen is entitled to the following, as applicable:
- For totally unused ticket, the senior citizen is entitled to the 20% discount and exemption from VAT on the fare of the re-issued ticket.
- For partially used ticket, the senior citizen is entitled to the 20% discount and exemption from VAT on the fare of the new unused route of the re-issued ticket.
- For special medical supplies and equipment such as oxygen tank including oxygen fare and stretcher fare provided on board the aircraft, the senior citizen is entitled to 20% discount and exemption from VAT.
- Other Passenger and Cargo Sales Related Activities
The senior citizen is NOT entitled to 20% discount and exemption from VAT on the following Philippine Airlines’ services:
- Excess baggage
- Cargo and cargo related fees/penalties
- Taxes, penalties and fees (e.g. aviation security fee, terminal fee, ticket extension fee, rebooking fee, rush processing fee, non-user’s fee, buy miles, transfer miles, reinstatement of expired miles, sports plus subscription)
- Tickets claimed as prize or reward
- Other non-fare related transactions
Requirements for Availment of Senior Citizen Privileges
- Philippine passport
- Any government-issued ID indicating Date of Birth (E.g. Driver’s License, voters ID, SSS/GSIS ID, PRC card, postal ID)
Failure to present the required IDs at check-in will result in the collection at the airport of the amount of 20% discount and 12% VAT at the time of check-in accordance with the fare restrictions applicable to the ticket.
Failure to present the required IDs at check-in will result in either of the following, subject to the terms and conditions of the ticket:
- Collection at the airport of the amount of 20% discount and 12% VAT based on the current applicable fare at the time of check-in in accordance with the fare restrictions applicable to the ticket, PLUS a fine of Php1,500.00; OR
- Should the passenger refuse to pay the above amounts, his/her ticket shall be forfeited.
The above requirement follows CAB Resolution No. 41 mandate on Senior Citizens availing the 20% discount and VAT exemption online or via telesales.
- OSCA ID provided that the identification card issued by the particular OSCA where the senior citizen resides shall be honoured nationwide as proof of entitlement
- Philippine passport of the senior citizen concerned
- Government-issued identification card (ID) which reflects on its face the name, picture, date of birth and nationality of the senior citizen which includes any of the following:
- Digitized Social Security System ID
- Government Service Insurance System ID
- Professional Regulation Commission ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID)
- Driver’s Licence