- The 20% discount is applicable to Economy Value, Economy Flex, Premium Economy, Business Value and Business Flex Fares only, and NOT applicable to International and Promotional fares.
- VAT exemption is applicable to Domestic Fares only.
For re-issuance of ticket with normal fare to a higher booking class or re-issuance of ticket with promotional fare to a normal fare, the PWD is entitled to the following, as applicable:
- For totally unused ticket, the PWD is entitled to the 20% discount and exemption from VAT on the fare of the re-issued ticket.
- For partially used ticket, the PWD is entitled to the 20% discount and exemption from VAT on the fare of the new unused route of the re-issued ticket.
- For special medical supplies and equipment such as oxygen tank including oxygen fare and stretcher fare provided on board the aircraft, the PWD is entitled to 20% discount and exemption from VAT.
- Other Passenger and Cargo Sales Related Activities
The PWD is NOT entitled to 20% discount and exemption from VAT on the following Philippine Airlines' services:
- Excess baggage
- Cargo and cargo related fees/penalties
- Taxes, penalties and fees (e.g. aviation security fee, ticket extension fee, rebooking fee, rush processing fee, non-user’s fee, buy miles, transfer miles, reinstatement of expired miles, sports plus subscripton)
- Tickets claimed as prize or reward
- Other non-fare related transactions
Online/Telesales Ticket Purchase
During airport check-in, passenger must present his or her PWD ID together with any of the following:
- Philippine passport
- Any government-issued ID (E.g. Driver’s License, voters ID, SSS/GSIS ID, PRC card, postal ID)
Failure to present the required IDs at check-in will result in either of the following, subject to the terms and conditions of the ticket:
- Collection at the airport of the amount of 20% discount and 12% VAT based on the current applicable fare at the time of check-in in accordance with the fare restrictions applicable to the ticket, PLUS a fine of Php1,500.00; OR
- Forfeiture of the ticket.
The above requirement follows CAB Resolution No. 41 mandate on PWDs availing the 20% discount and VAT exemption online or via telesales
Over the Counter Ticket Purchases
In the availment of the 20% discount and VAT exemption, the PWD, or his duly authorized representative, must present a copy of any of the following:
- PWD identification card issued by the Office of Persons with Disability Affairs (PDAO) or the City/Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office (C/MSWDO) of the place where the PWD resides
- PWD identification card (ID) issued by the National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA)
- The Philippine passport of the PWD with an apparent disability.
For additional service request, please fill out Disability Request