Online check-in is the process of confirming one's presence on a flight via the Internet. This online feature allows passengers to check in and select their preferred seating before arriving at the airport.
Who can check in online?
Passengers holding confirmed booking and valid e-ticket may check in online.
The following are not be eligible for online check-in:
- Passengers who need medical or special assistance
- Unaccompanied minor
Is online check-in available for all Philippine Airlines flights?
Yes. Online check-in is available for all Philippine Airlines domestic flights including 2P operated flights (PAL Express). This is also available for all international flights except flights from Xiamen (China), Jinjiang (China ) and TO/FROM Saipan.
When can I check in online?
Online check-in is available 24 to 1 hour prior the scheduled departure time.
I purchased a ticket from a travel agent, can I also use the online check-in?
Yes. Passengers who purchase tickets from any PAL ticket office, Contact Center, travel agency and www.philippineairlines.com may use the online check-in. Begin check-in by choosing the following options:
- Booking reference (e.g. Airline Booking Reference, Travel Agency Booking Reference) and Last Name
- E-Ticket Number and Last Name
- Frequent Flyer Number and Last Name
Will I get my reserved seat?
Yes. Your specific seat reservation/request will be pre-selected when you check in for your flight online.
Can I change my seat after I have checked in online and printed my boarding pass?
Yes. Go to check-in home page and retrieve your booking. Click on the "Select/Change Seat" button and choose any available seat. You need to reprint the boarding pass reflecting your new seat assignment.
Can I reserve Premium Seats (Choice Seats or Forward Seats) when using online check-in?
Can I check in group passengers?
Yes. A maximum of 15 passengers can be checked-in per transaction, provided booking is in one passenger name record or booking reference.
Can I check in my return/connecting flight online?
Yes. You may check in your return or connecting flight as long as both flights are found in one booking reference/ticket and the return/connection time is within 24 hours.
Can I do online check-in for my traveling companions?
Yes. You may check in your traveling companion if you have the same booking reference.
Can I check in an infant?
Yes. The infant will be checked in together with the adult passenger.
Can I reprint my boarding pass?
Yes. You can go to check-in home page and retrieve your booking within online check-in window and generate your boarding pass.
What do I need to present at the airport?
Present your online check-in boarding pass and valid travel documents or ID at the airport Online Check-in Bag Drop Counter.
Those who purchased ticket at www.philippineairlines.com may be required to present the credit/debit card used online.
What must I do when I arrive at the airport?
Passengers must be at the airport no later than 45 minutes before the flight departure.
For Domestic Flights:
- With check-in baggage, passengers shall proceed to the Online Check-in Bag Drop Counter for documents verification and acceptance of check-in baggage.
- Without check-in baggage, passengers may proceed to the boarding gate no later than 15 minutes before the flight departure.
For International Flights:
- Passengers with or without baggage shall proceed to the Online Check-in Bag Drop Counter for documents verification and acceptance of check-in baggage no later than 45 minutes before the flight departure except flights from Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait, London, New York, Riyadh, Shanghai (Pudong), Toronto and Vancouver which require no later than 1 hour before estimated time of departure.
What happens if I don't make it to the counter or boarding gate on time?
Philippine Airlines reserves the right to offload passengers for failure to arrive at the Online Check-in Bag Drop Counter or boarding gate on time.