September 2, 2023
Manila - Hong Kong - Manila
Manila - Guangzhou (Canton) - Manila
This is a developing situation.
We urge you to check the status of your flights by logging on to www.philippineairlines.com and click the “Flight Status” icon on the main page, and then fill in the flight number (without the “PR” or “2P” designation, just the number itself) and date of departure.
The flight’s status is updated in real time, and there is no need to call the contact center to verify the information. We encourage you to continue monitoring the status of your flight using the Flight Status self-service tool on our website so that we can keep our contact center hotlines free of congestion.
Please do not proceed to the airport if your flight is cancelled, but instead avail of the rebooking options below.
OPTIONS FOR PASSENGERS OF CANCELLED FLIGHTS:
You have the option to:
· Reroute to another flight with available space within 60 days from the original flight in the same booking class or higher within the same cabin class.
· Convert your ticket to Travel Credits equivalent to the unused base fare of your ticket. Voucher validity is one year (1) from the date of issuance.
· Refund ticket without penalties, excluding Ticketing Service Charge. Please contact us at https://www.philippineairlines.com/covid-information-hub/mypal-hub-request
You may connect 24/7 with PAL via the following PAL Channels:
- Hotline (+632) 8539-0000 / (+632) 8855-8888
- Philippines Mobile – (+63) 919-056-2255
- Messenger: https://bit.ly/PALMessenger
- Viber: Search for Philippine Airlines
- WhatsApp: Add us as a new contact (+63) 998-951-4359
- myPAL Web Chat: https://bit.ly/3z8Ck3Y
If your contact details are in our reservations records, you will be informed of the status of your flights via e-mail, telephone call or SMS/text.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.