US Air Carrier Access Act
Philippine Airlines fully supports the U.S. Airline Passengers with Disabilities Bill of Rights (Air Carrier Access Act), a measure to help guarantee that all travelers receive dignified, respectful, and equitable treatment throughout their air travel journeys.
This pioneering legislation aims to protect the rights of passengers with disabilities, thereby advancing the inclusivity and accessibility of air travel for individuals of all abilities.
The U.S. Airline Passengers with Disabilities Bill of Rights encompasses the following essential provisions:
- The Right to Be Treated with Dignity and Respect: Passengers with disabilities have the right to be treated courteously and with respect by airline staff and fellow travelers.
- The Right to Receive Information About Services and Aircraft Capabilities and Limitations: Airlines must provide comprehensive information about available services and any limitations associated with their aircraft to passengers with disabilities.
- The Right to Receive Information in an Accessible Format: Information provided by airlines should be accessible to all passengers, including those with disabilities.
- The Right to Accessible Airport Facilities: Airports are required to provide accessible facilities and services to accommodate passengers with disabilities.
- The Right to Assistance at Airports: Passengers with disabilities have the right to receive assistance when navigating through airports, including boarding and disembarking from the aircraft.
- The Right to Assistance on the Aircraft: Airlines must provide necessary assistance to passengers with disabilities during the flight.
- The Right to Travel with an Assistive Device or Service Animal: Passengers with disabilities can travel with their assistive devices and service animals, ensuring their needs are met during air travel.
Note: The United States has temporarily suspended the entry of dogs traveling from certain countries, including the Philippines, that are classified as "high-risk" for dog rabies. This includes dogs arriving from countries that are not in the high-risk list if the dogs have been in a high-risk country in the past 6 months.
We are thus unable to transport any dogs, including puppies and service dogs, on our flights from the Philippines to the United States. The suspension continues to be in effect after an extension by the U.S. authorities beyond August 1, 2023.
For more information, visit Service Dogs page: https://www.philippineairlines.com/before-you-fly/special-needs-and-request/service-dogs
- The Right to Receive Seating Accommodations: Airlines are mandated to provide seating accommodations to passengers with disabilities to enhance their comfort and accessibility.
- The Right to Accessible Aircraft Features: Aircraft must be equipped with accessible features to accommodate passengers with disabilities.
- The Right to Resolution of a Disability-Related Issue: Passengers have the right to prompt resolution of any disability-related issues that may arise during their air travel journey.
To gain a deeper understanding of the Airline Passengers with Disabilities Bill of Rights and its significance in promoting accessibility and equity in air travel, we encourage you to watch the informative video available at the following link: https://app.frame.io/reviews/85d3fc39-eb7c-4691-9aef-252cd304f22a/e0be94f5-a986-49f2-a179-3b43ab325063
For additional information and resources related to this important legislation, please visit the official website: https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/passengers-disabilities.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming travel experience for all passengers. Thank you for choosing to fly with us, and we look forward to serving you with the utmost care and respect.